Welcome to the online home of the Friends of the Venus Bay Peninsula. The Venus Bay Peninsula is in South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia. It is home to endangered native flora and fauna which our group was formed to help protect. Please join us in our quest to preserve this special environment.
About Friends of Venus Bay Peninsula
A volunteer community group that aims to:
- Protect and enhance the natural environment of the Venus Bay peninsula.
- Provide information to all levels of government and the local community about indigenous flora and fauna of the Venus Bay peninsula.
- Work in partnership with local, state and federal organisations on policies and initiatives that will protect and enhance the natural environment of the Venus Bay peninsula.
- Seek funding and manage projects that support the aims above.
Volunteer with us
- Become a member.
- Join our committee.
- Stay informed, attend Coastcare and Landcare training days and workshops.
- Report fox sightings to our Community Fox Watch program.
- Help and support our voluntary wildlife carers.
- Plant local indigenous plants on your Venus Bay property.
- Control weeds on your property and on roadsides.
- Observe speed limits and drive slowly for wildlife, especially mornings and evenings.
- Sign petitions, write submissions, be an active voice for nature and the environment.
All illustrations by Christine Larsen (www.christinelarsen.net). Photographic images provided courtesy of Birdlife Australia, Parks Victoria, Jono Dashper, Ian McGill, Lorraine Norden, Mae Adams, Bruce Atkin, Nick Volpe. We have made every effort to obtain copyright and moral permission for all images. Please advise us of any errors or omissions.
FVBP acknowledges the support of the Victorian government’s Coastcare program, that recognises the significant contribution of our volunteers to coastal management and provides advice, encouragement and funding for many of our projects.